Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Ant

I have been working on my dissertation on humor and preaching for quite some time now. I finally decided that I need to get it done. My previous plan didn't work, so I've been trying a new plan:

Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. -Proverbs 6:6-8

Ants are pretty amazing. We can learn a lot from them. They just keep at it. Day after day. An ant farm isn't made in a day; it's made daily. Lately (finally and thankfully), I have been more like an ant and less like a lazybones. Progress is being made. I sent in the edits / revisions of chapters 1 and 3 to my mentor today. Hopefully they are good enough!

When taking on a big project in life, remember the ant.

No running today, only writing. Unless you include chasing two boys around.

No comments: