Monday, November 29th
Read Psalm 33:13-15
The LORD looks down from heaven;
he sees all the children of man;
from where he sits enthroned he looks out
on all the inhabitants of the earth,
he who fashions the hearts of them all
and observes all their deeds.
This passage reminds us that God is God and we are not. This is important to understand as we want to have a healthy relationship with God. We show our love to God through what we hold in our hearts and what we do with our lives.
- What is one way you can honor God better with your life- with what you do?
- The Word of God calls us to live “Holy” lives; to aim to be like God. Invite God to replace your sins with His presence in your life.
- God has good things in store for you! (James 1:17) Pray and thank God for a life journey that is both fulfilling for you and a joy to Him.
Read Psalms 33:16-18
The king is not saved by his great army;
a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
The war horse is a false hope for salvation,
and by its great might it cannot rescue
Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him,
on those who hope in his steadfast love
Here, King David tells us we can’t rely on ourselves or our possessions to help us win battles we face in life, but that God is with those who place their hope in Him. He is dedicated to helping us in our troubles. We look to His Word for guidance, seek wise counsel, and pray placing our circumstances firmly in His hands.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how strong is your Faith and Hope in God?
- Though our hope is in God, He knows we need each other’s encouragement and support, and this strengthens our faith. Pray and ask God to help you find a small group or study that would be a good fit for you.
- Ask Him to surround you with friends that are strong in faith who will be a source of God’s strength and help to you.
Wednesday, December 1st
Read Psalms 33:20-22
Our soul waits for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in him,
because we trust in his holy name.
Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us,
even as we hope in you.
Wow, WAIT? Do we respond to God with patience and trust? We have been given the freedom to choose. We can choose today to worry, or to hope in God, the source of all our blessings.
- Thank God that He is your help and your protection, that you can trust Him with your problems and concerns.
- Look for an opportunity today to be an encouragement to someone.
Thursday, December 2nd
And her promised husband Joseph, being a just and upright man and not willing to expose her publicly and to shame and disgrace her, decided to repudiate and dismiss and her quietly and secretly.
Joseph had discovered Mary was pregnant and it wasn’t his child. Joseph, focused on protecting her, and showed his integrity and compassion in the way he responded to her situation.
- How do you respond to people who are caught up in a difficult situation? Do you judge them, or do you look for ways to help and encourage them?
- Ask God to give you a heart of integrity and love so that you can give hope to others.
Friday, December 3rd
Matthew 1:22-24 (Amplified Bible)
All this took place that it might be fulfilled which the Lord had spoken through the prophet, “Behold, the virgin shall become pregnant and give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel--which, when translated, means, God with us.”
Then Joseph, being aroused from his sleep, did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him: he took her to his side as his wife.
Joseph believed God, he placed his trust and hope in God, and he obeyed Him. Living in this world of instant gratification, immorality, and self-sufficiency can blow hard against a heart attitude of integrity, patience, trust, hope, and love.
- What are some specific areas where you are tempted to go with the flow, rather than go with God?
- What are some specific steps you can take in your life to walk with God more fully?
Saturday, December 4th
God, You are merciful; You sent Your messengers the prophets to preach repentance and prepare the way for our salvation. We ask for grace to truly hear their words of warning and wash our hands of our sins, that we may celebrate aright the remembrance of the birth of Christ. We await, with joy, the second coming in glory of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Redeemer. Christ lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen.