Monday, July 1, 2013

Pray. Plan. Prioritize. Prepare.

Most good things in life come because of planning. Not all, but most. Praying and planning help us prioritize and prepare. I have seen people obsessively plan for things like vacations and weddings. And the results were amazing. A near perfect week or a night they will never forget. 

Life is a lot like a vacation or a wedding. Better planning usually means better results. Some of life’s most important questions are questions like this:
  • What do I want my relationship with God to look like one year from today and how am I going to get to that place? 
  • What do we want our marriage to be like in five years and what steps are we going to take to make this vision a reality? 
  • What can I do to invest in my children today so that they will have a better future tomorrow? 
  • What is a dream or a goal I have that hasn’t come to fruition yet and how can I accomplish this goal or make this dream come true?


1. Pray. Listen. Discern. Dream. Vision. 

I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. 
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
 Your old men will dream dreams,
 and your young men will see visions. -Joel 2:28 

2. Make a plan

A goal without a plan is just a wish. -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

3. Prepare to work the plan

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. -Abraham Lincoln

4. Work the plan 

Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity,
 but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty. -Proverbs 21:5 

5. Keep working the plan 

The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. –Juma Ikangaa 

Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! Though they have no prince
 or governor or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. -Proverbs 6:6-8

Dream. Pray. Plan. Pray some more. Prepare. Work. Pray some more. Keep working. Succeed. 

The best is yet to come… 

Craig

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good word Craig!
I have wanted to become certified as a yoga instructor for about a decade now. I never did it because the training is expensive - even without going to India.
Finally, I decided that if I just think about it long-term, and actually plan for it, then the money will be no problem.
Monday I am making my first deposit on a training that will begin in JANUARY. Seems crazy to wait that long. But by May 2014 - it will be done!