Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving List

Things I’m Thankful For – In No Particular Order

  1. That my two boys share the same passion for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese that I do.
  2. For the seasons of the year: apples and pumpkins in the fall; snowmen and snowballs in the winter; tulips and green grass in the spring; and sweating and swimming in the summer.
  3. The Bible. God has a way of speaking to me every time I read it. Comforting me when I’m afflicted and afflicting me when I am comfortable.
  4. That I live in a country where I can vote.
  5. For the teachers who teach my two sons. Their life is better because of you.
  6. For the basic physical necessities in life: food to eat, a house to live, and clothes to wear.
  7. Playing chess with Benjamin and trains with David. Wrestling with both of them. Being a dad.
  8. To live in a country with abundant resources: power and fresh water are a dream for many people in the world.
  9. Being able to run without pain for the first time in over a year and being able to walk without pain the day after I run.
  10. That I’m saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8)
  11. That I serve a church with the greatest people I have ever known: People who are examples of giving, serving, and loving. I’m blessed to be taking this journey of life with you.
  12. That I have a job where I get to hold babies the day they are born, and stand up in front of people and talk to them on the day they are married.
  13. For a great wife who is also a great mom.
  14. For my small group. It is an eclectic group of men and women who laugh, learn, and pray together.
  15. For a big, goofy Newfondland dog Georgia who has been part of our family for ten years.
  16. For nearly 100 people who are registered to train for and run the Lincoln Marathon or Half Marathon to raise money for kids in Africa.
  17. For being the parent of a fourth grader: I get to learn the state capitals all over again.
  18. That God is with me and I have no reason to fear the present or the future. (Isaiah 43:5
  19. My iPhone. It makes my life easier.
  20. For my weekly run at Platte River State Park where I turn my iPhone off for a few hours: Punishing the Body + Clearing the Mind + Renewing the Soul = A Great Morning.
  21. Prayer. Lunches at Jason’s Deli. Advil. Forgiveness. Good friends. Hope. Laughter. Grace.
  22. That I am loved by God. (John 15:13)

No comments: