Sunday, January 25, 2009

Daddy


I'm called many names each day. My favorite is "daddy." Only two people call me this: Benjamin and David.
I got to sleep in today. I had a guest preacher for the morning. She did an excellent job talking about suffering. Then we had about 20 people at our house for lunch. They were people who are mostly new to the church. It was great to meet them.
After we got everything cleaned up, we had a few hours before small group started. I had a choice to either go running by myself or go sledding with the boys. I chose being "daddy."
Benjamin and I were picking up some serious speed down the hills. The hills had a nice layer of ice and the ice was covered by about 2 inches of snow. Amber brought David up for his first-ever sledding adventure. He loved it. He kept saying, "top hill" which meant he wanted to go again.



Our small group had an interesting discussion about busyness and priorities in life. It was a busy day, but a great day.

No comments: