Monday, September 24, 2007

Normal

After Cub Scout Camp on Friday / Saturday and church stuff most of the day yesterday -- I had two days off from running and fresh legs. I ran easy with Christy and Kurt so I still have fresh legs. We kept it around 8 minutes a mile. Kurt and I are getting ready for our big showdown in 13 days and Christy is still getting better from her little episode of mono. I kept my average heart rate below 130, so my heart is strong and ready to race.

It was just a normal run today. Normal in a good kind of way. A little shorter and slower than usual, but with the usual partners. Sometimes normal is good. It is relaxing and familiar. Sometimes normal is not so good. Words like stressful and boring.

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it. -Ellen Goodman

Strive for good normal.

No comments: