Thursday, September 27, 2007

Dance

I am not doing to good on my consistency with running lately. With the marathon only 10 days away I need rest, but I think I am pushing the envelope. Amber had to work early and then I had a busy day at the church. The day ended with a party at Benjamin's school with a country dance. Benjamin and Amber danced, I pushed David around in the baby jogger.

Dancing is interesting. It is usually a celebration. It is usually fun. Some people work really hard at it to do it well. Few people do it really well. Some people wear denim jeans and boots while others wear leotards and those little shoes that function a whole lot more like a sock. Some of us couldn't do it well if our lives depended on it.

The Bible says there is a time to dance (Ecclesiastes 3:4). Nowhere in the Bible do we find a dance like David's dance when the Ark was moved to Jerusalem. 2 Samuel 6:14 says that David danced before the Lord with all his might. You wonder if a first grade student dancing with the mom that he loves gives us a glimpse of David's dance. A dance in God's eyes doesn't seem to have as much to do with technique or style as it does the heart of the dancer and a different kind of grace.

No comments: