Saturday, March 3, 2007

We Can Leave

We Can Leave

Vehicles can finally leave our subdivision after two days of being snowed in. Amber had to see people this morning at work and I had to speak tonight at church, so our little two day vacation at home is over.

It was fun. Benjamin's school was cancelled. We just hung out and did a few things around the house. Benjamin and I played in the snow before Amber went to work this morning. I took a two hour nap with David after Amber left. Benjamin was working down in his lab and would come and check on us from time to time.



I did repeat 800s late this afternoon on the treadmill at Better Bodies. I didn't have too much time from when Amber got off work to the time I had to speak tonight -- so it was quality, not quantity. I did a mile warm-up and cool down. The workout was 8 x 800 meters with a 400 meter recovery jog between reps. I was able to do all the 800s at my target pace: 2:53, 2:51, 2:50, 2:48, 2:47, 2:45, 2:44, and 2:42.

This is my shortest workout and is among the most difficult. My breathing becomes very audible and my heart rate hovers around 190. Each rep becomes more challenging than the previous one. The recovery runs, although they are all the same distance, seem shorter as the workout progresses.

Life is like that. Times of stress and times of recovery. Stress without recovery is called self-destruction. Recovery without stress is called complacency. Stress with proper recovery is called growth.

No comments: