Friday, March 9, 2007

Obstacle Course

Obstacle Course

Lake Zorinsky was an obstacle course this afternoon. I did a 2 x 5K tempo run with a one mile recovery jog between 5Ks. I was hoping to be under six minutes per mile for both repeats, but it didn't work out that way. The trail was snowy, icy, and flooded in certain parts and slowed me down a bit. The first 5K was 18:41 and the second 5K was 18:59. I felt strong and was a total muddy mess by the time I finished.

It was a great day for a run. The temperature was in the mid 50s and it sunny!

The obstacles were a bit much for a faster tempo run. I found myself running over icy spots, through snow drifts, and in puddles of water. I guess it is that way with life as well. Things are rarely smooth, even when we are trying to do our best. We may struggle in a relationship or emotionally or physically or spiritually or in about one hundred other ways. We have a choice on how we deal with obstacles: we can either go over them or go around them or go above them or go through them or tear them down. Or, we can be stopped by them.

Don't let the obstacles stop you! A better life exists on the other side.

No comments: