Thursday, March 29, 2007

Deep Tissue Massage On My Teeth

Deep Tissue Massage On My Teeth

No run today. I didn't have time.

Anyway, I went to the dentist this morning. My usual dentist is on maternity leave, so I had some other people working on me. I usually don't have much work that needs to be done on my teeth, but for some reason, the woman who was working on me did this cleaning that took 65 minutes. I don't know if she was a hygienist or a dentist or a complete impostor. Whoever she was, she had one of those sharp, little metal things and totally worked me over with it. I have a fairly high pain threshold, but if this were a fight, I would have tapped out after about 20 minutes. Here was part of our conversation:

Dental Worker: Do you brush before you go to bed?
Me: Yes. Virtually every night. I have one of those Sonic toothbrushes.
DW: How about flossing?
Me: I am very pro-flossing. I floss a couple times per day. I even have some in my office.
DW: Are you sure?
Me: Yeah, I just saw it there yesterday.

Anyway, I have the cleanest teeth in Omaha right now.

After the Rock n Roll Marathon in Phoenix in January, my legs were pretty messed up. I went to my massage guy and got a massage. He totally worked my leg muscles. It was painful as he grinded his sharp, pointy elbows and vice like hands up and down my depleted legs. He called it a deep tissue massage. I felt better the next day.

Sometimes in life, painful things are good. Like teeth cleanings, deep tissue massages, talking about conflict, setting appropriate boundaries, saying "no", etc...

No comments: