Monday, March 19, 2007

Retirement

Retirement
As of today, my most recent pair of Asics Gel Nimbus are officially retired. I have used them since January 1st and they are done. We've had some good times together. Lots of hills and mud on the gravel roads south of Gretna. Lots of ice and snow on the trail at Lake Zorinsky. We've even spent way too much time on the treadmill at Better Bodies.
The shoes went out in style today. We were on the trail before sunrise. We battled the wind and cruised around the lake three times for a total of 22.3 miles. We ran with Christy for about ten miles and Maureen went the final sixteen miles with us. Our time was about two hours and fifty minutes. This was my final 22 mile run before Boston--which is four weeks from today.
After I got home, I took out my orthotics and the shoes arrived at their final resting place. I took a fairly painful ice-cold bath in the Jacuzzi for 15 minutes with the jets on full-blast.

No comments: