Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Treadmill, Day 2

Treadmill, Day 2

I ran again tonight at Better Bodies. I had a busy day, so I couldn't run until early evening. The cold, dark, and slick roads didn't seem like a very good option.

I was glad I ran inside. I lifted biceps (hammer curls and preacher curls), back (pull-ups and upright row), and abs (Captain's Chair and Bicycle Exercise) before taking off on the treadmill. I had a good talk with Rob and Cheryl between exercises. I think I convinced Rob to come back to church and got Cheryl to volunteer one weekend per month. For the sake of the church, I should come to the gym and run more often!

I ran 10 miles on the treadmill. Every half mile I changed the setting. I kept it mostly flat and ran anywhere from 7 mph to 10 mph. The temperature seemed about 10 degrees warmer at 6:30 p.m. than it is at noon. I had totally sweated through my gray dri-fit running shirt in about 15 minutes. Saw Katie after the run. Attempted in jest to give her a sweaty hug. She wanted no part of it.

I did get a hug from Benjamin after I got home and showered. Check out these big boy pajamas.

No comments: