Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Running in the Snow

Running in the Snow

I didn't have time to run today until just before dark. I wanted to go 11 miles, but the trail at Lake Zorinsky was covered with two inches of snow and was icy in patches. It was cloudy too, so the nearly full moon was no help in lighting the path.

It was a tough run. I made it once around the lake -- 7.43 miles. I don't think the 20+ miles I ran yesterday was much help.

It was also a beautiful run. I was the only runner on the trail. I saw a few ice fisherman doing their thing on the lake. The pine trees surrounding the trail were covered in snow. The sky was kind of eery as the daylight disappeared. The ground was freshly painted white. The deer cautiously watched me. I watched them as they played in their refuge.

Usually I look at my watch to see how far I have run or how fast I am running. I glance down to occasionally check my pulse. No need to do such things today. Just me, the trail, and God. It was more than enough.

No comments: