Saturday, February 10, 2007

Early Morning

Early Morning

I had a meeting at the church from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and then had work to do all day and much of the night, so my only opportunity to run was in the early morning.

I met triathlon legend, Jerry, early this morning at Lake Zorinsky. Although he hadn't run outdoors in quite some time, he has some good skills. He hung with me the whole time! I had a good run with him.

It was cool to run before sunrise. It was also very cold. The wind chill factor was well below zero. We did one lap around the lake and ran 7.43 miles.

As I saw the sunrise and the beauty of the fresh snow as I was running this morning, I thought of the Scripture: "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalms 118.24) Every day is a new day to God and it is to us as well!

I won't have time to run tomorrow, so I got in 67 miles this week.

No comments: