Friday, February 16, 2007

Deliverance

Deliverance

I had a busy day from beginning to end, so Maureen and I did an early morning run at Lake Zorinsky. It was cold, icy, snowy, and windy. I usually don't complain much about the weather, but this is getting old. We need deliverance from cold and wind and ice and snow. We managed to get in 12.32 miles.

Amber went to work for the first time today since having David. I had both David and Benjamin for a few hours. No major catastrophes. I had to miss my upper body training with John. But, Benjamin and I did some cross-training with about 30 minutes of mixed martial arts. I dominated most of the match, but he made me submit at 29 minutes and 13 seconds. Pretty good stuff for a five-year-old.

I spoke at a gathering tonight. My warm-up act was a Barbershop Quartet. I never had to follow one of those before. I made a late night shopping trip to Hy-Vee at Amber's request. At my request, they had a great supply of Nature's Path Optimum Rebound Energy Bars. All organic. All good. I totally cleaned them out. Life is good.

No comments: