Friday, February 23, 2007

Water vis a vis Wind

Water vis a vis Wind

We had a tough run today. Here were the choices: 1) We could run around the west lake which is pretty sheltered from the wind, but with lots of standing water and ice or 2) We could run around the east lake which was mostly dry but open to the wind. Its kind of like this: would you rather have a root canal or a wisdom tooth extracted? We did two loops on the icy and wet side and one loop on the day and windy side.

Maureen ran with me today. I didn't think I would be seeing her for quite sometime. I left her a voice mail message the other day pretending I was the race director for the Little Rock Marathon that she will be running next Sunday. I told her there were some problems with her hotel and flight reservations. She fell for it and didn't think it was quite as amusing as I did. I have this great southern accent.

I told her about the biblical mandate of forgiveness. Her relpy had the terms "dead meat" and "watch your back." After 11.01 miles, I guess the forgiveness thing isn't there yet.

I lifted chest, shoulders, and triceps with John today during lunch.

1 comment:

Diane Muir said...

I think that Maureen's response of 'dead meat' and 'watch your back' were appropriate! But, I'm awfully glad you still have a running partner!