Monday, February 26, 2007

My Kid Is Way Above Average

My Kid Is Way Above Average

I ran on one of the many lovely treadmills at Better Bodies today. I didn't feel like running outside in the snow. I did 10 miles in about 75 minutes. Every quarter mile I either changed the speed or the incline or both. I ran as easy as 7 miles per hour at 1.5% incline and as fast as 10 miles per hour at 1.5% incline. All the hills were done at 7 miles per hour -- I was alternating them between 5% incline and 10% incline. It made a fairly boring workout more manageable. I also enjoy watching the weight lifters. A couple of the women were body builders. Some of the guys were really strong. A retired couple was having fun together. A few people were new and being trained by the staff. I prefer the outdoors, but not a bad run this morning, for a treadmill.



We got news from the doctor that our two month old son David is in the 95th percentile as far as his weight goes. I guess what Garrison Keillor wrote about Lake Wobegon is also true at the Finnestad household: "A place where the women are strong, the men are good-looking, and the kids are above-average."

No comments: