Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mud

Mud
This afternoon was an absolutely perfect day for a run. The temperature was about 50 degrees, no wind, and sunny. The trail around Lake Zorinsky was anything but perfect -- it was a mess. I did my second funeral in two days this morning and had to pick up Benjamin at 2:00 -- so I had between 12:15 and 1:50 to run today. Had to fly solo. I got in 11 miles before I had to quit. I was doing sub 7 minute miles so I was ready to quit. My whole body was covered in mud by the time I finished and my shoes were soaked. Check out the clothes, shoes, and legs! I got some strange looks and interesting comments when I went to pick Benjamin up looking like this.

David, Benjamin, and I went for a walk this afternoon. Then David and I watched Benjamin ride his little John Deere Gator around. This warmer weather is great!
I learned yesterday at my friend's funeral never to take anything for granted. Today was a gift from God: being able to serve God, being able to run in the mud, and being blessed by spending time with the boys.

No comments: