Saturday, December 30, 2006

Norovirus, Day 2

Norovirus, Day 2

Still on the shelf with the norovirus. The only running I did was to the bathroom. If you are really desperate for something to read, here is my article for the weekly church newsletter.

Earlier this week, I started to feel tired and weak. I knew the flu was approaching and there was nothing I could do about it! It was terrible.

A few days after the birth of our son David, I was in quarantine in our bedroom on a diet of 7UP and Chicken Noodle Soup. Of the seven symptoms of the flu, I had nine of them. I couldn’t see my family, I couldn’t run, I couldn’t help around the house, I couldn’t work, I couldn’t do much except sleep and watch television.

Yesterday morning I woke up and felt decent for the first time in days. I actually wanted to get out of bed. I was hungry and thirsty. I played with Benjamin. I showered, shaved, messed up my hair, and got dressed. I started answering my phone. It was a new day!

As I was laying in bed on Friday I was thinking that many of us are living life with flu-like symptoms. Not influenza. But flu-like symptoms. We are isolated from people. We aren’t enjoying life. We lack purpose. We don’t have energy. And there seems to be nothing we can do about it.

But God can do something about it. God loves us where we are and loves us so much that He doesn’t want to leave us where we are. Are you ready for a God-driven revolution in your life?

No comments: