Friday, December 22, 2006

Baby

Baby

Tonight I ran 4 x 400 hill repeats with a 800 meter downhill recovery jog. Had to fly solo as I didn't think it would be an easy sell to try to convince any of the usual suspects to do hill repeats in my neighborhood at midnight. I was going to do ten of them, but the cheeseburger and onion rings that sat in my stomach put an end to that plan.

I was at the hospital from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. We had the baby today. David Jackson was born at 11:14 a.m. He weighed 8 pounds and 2 ounces. After Benjamin finished school, I picked him up and brought him to the hospital to meet his little brother. Benjamin seems fond of David and was giving him lots of kisses.

I remember after David was born and the nurses and doctor left the room, it was just the three of us. I prayed. I thanked God for David. I thanked God for a safe delivery and a baby that seems to be healthy. I prayed for guidance for us as parents. I prayed David would relentlessly pursue and chase God's dreams.

David is now running a race much more important than the race that is run in Boston in April. He is running the race of life. Isaiah had a beautiful prophecy of this race:

The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

-Isaiah 40:28-31

2 comments:

Emily B said...

Congrats! We're all so excited for you here! Hope you all had a merry Christmas and God bless David! Congrats again!

Craig Finnestad said...

Hi Emily,

We miss you and hope all is well. Thanks so much for sharing in our joy!