Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Marathon

My Christmas Marathon

We woke up and opened presents. Benjamin was the big winner of the morning. He got some pretty cool stuff. Amber bought me a few new shirts and a funky jacket. I'll be styling on Sunday morning. I bought her some lotions and potions. She'll be smelling pretty sweet. My mom joined us for the festivities and was welcome help for David.

After three days of little running (a couple miles late Friday night) or no running (Saturday and Sunday)--I set out to run 31 miles (50K) this afternoon. It was a great run. The trail was pretty empty. I decided to cut it short after only 26.2 miles--a marathon. I ran pretty easy: about 3:23 for the marathon. I could have finished the next five pretty easily, but I ran out of time as we need to get to Amber's parents for Christmas dinner.

We finished the day the same way we started--opening presents. Benjamin did well again. I think the Finnestads may be finishing our basement or building an annex for Benjamin's growing collection of toys.

The most important thing about Christmas is not giving or family or eating or presents or running. It is recieving. Recieving the gift of Christ. That gift makes all the other things about Christmas more possible and more meaningful.

No comments: