Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Massage

Massage

I ran fast today. I did 2 x 3 mile tempo runs with Christy and Kurt. They are both out of my league when it comes to running. I worked hard to keep up with them.

After a two mile warm-up, we were off.

My first 3 mile run was 18:31 for a 6:11 pace. That is an average speed of 9.7 miles per hour. Average heart rate was 165 bpm.

We jogged a mile. My second 3 mile run was 18:49 for a 6:18 pace. This one had a couple hills and a decent wind in our face when we ran over the dam. The average speed here was 9.5 miles per hour. Average heart rate was 161 bpm.

I cooled down a mile or so.

Ouch. Having run a marathon two days ago, twelve really hilly miles yesterday, and six really fast miles today--my legs were hurting.

I visited Ray, the massage guy for runners. He worked over my legs for an hour. It was incredible. I feel rejuvenated!

We all need a massage, of sorts. Maybe not for our legs, but for our minds, our relationships, our emotional status, our finances, our addictions, and our spiritual journey. Sometimes it takes a lot of pain to make us get help. Some are wise enough to seek help before the pain gets out of control. Know that where ever you are in life--rejuvenation is possible.

No comments: