Saturday, June 30, 2007

Taco Bell

I ran two easy laps around the lake this morning. I ran most of the first lap with Gary, Rob, Jeff, and Dave. I had a pit stop after one lap and ran the east lake with Keith and finished the run doing the west lake by myself. About 15 miles total. Almost, but not quite, 90 miles for the week.

I played with the boys most of the day. David had a pretty good nap during the early part of the afternoon. Check this one out:


I finished tomorrow morning's sermon from about 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. I worked up quite an appetite sitting at my desk so I hit Taco Bell on the way home. Here was the conversation:

TB: I'll take your order whenever you are ready.
CF: I'll have four crunchy tacos, fresco style.
TB: Would you like some nachos with that?
CF: No thanks.
TB: How about a large Pepsi?
CF: (Thinking...Here's the deal. I need to get up in 6 hours. I don't need caffeine. I am 37 years old and my bladder is getting smaller everyday. I definitely don't need the 42 ounces of fluid.) No thanks.
TB: That will be $3.38.

The tacos hit the spot.

No comments: