Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dream

I had an early morning sermon writing session. I finished the sermon, study guide, and even some other stuff between 4:00 and 6:00. David woke up at 6:00 so I played with him until around 8:00. Great way to spend a morning.

I met Tracy at Zorinsky at 8:30. We set out to do 15 miles. She did a great job but had to leave after about 13 miles. I decided to take another lap around the lake for a total of 20.41 miles. It was getting hot out there around 11:00. All three articles of clothing: my socks, shorts, and hat were all totally soaked.

Tracy is doing something really cool in 2008. She is going to run a marathon a month to raise money for her daughter's school. Her oldest daughter has autism and goes to the Madonna School. Tracy's goal is to raise thousands of dollars for the school. She'll do great and will raise money for a good cause. I'll let you know more details on how to support her as details are finalized.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery once wrote, "If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." Tracy's dream wasn't handed down to her by a school administrator looking for money, but rather her love for children. She will run over 300 miles in 12 days during 2008 because of that love.

What are you dreaming about? Know that your dreams can come true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig,

You are crazy. I miss you brother.

Todd