Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Great Day

3:00 a.m.

I woke up, prayed, finished my sermon, practiced my sermon.

7:00 a.m.

Put on my running clothes and drove to Lake Zorinsky.

7:30 a.m.

Registered for the Siena Francis 10K and warmed up. Talked to a few people I knew. I usually don't run short races, especially those on Sunday morning, but this is for a great cause. Check their ministry out on the web.

8:00 a.m.

Ran the 10K (6.2 mile) race. I started off pretty conservative. I was probably in about 40th place at 400 meters. By 1200 meters I was with the leaders. At one mile I was in the lead with a college runner right beside me. I knew I wouldn't have a chance to beat him if it came down to a sprint at the end. I was hoping with all the heat and the hills I could drop him early. No such luck. I tried on the hill at 2.25 miles and then again between 3 and 4 miles where we ran a 5:30 mile. At 5 miles I started running out of gas. The 15 miler on Saturday and the 20 miler on Thursday left my reserves pretty empty. The kid pulled away and another guy passed me as well. I finished third and was very pleased with my time--36:03 for an average of 5:48 per mile.

8:36 a.m.

Headed to Russell Middle School to drop off some stuff.

9:00 a.m.

Shower / Dress / Eat

9:45 a.m.

Leave to Russell Middle School.

9:50 a.m.

Arrive at Russell. Help set-up as the trailer was delayed. Rocky's new nickname is Rip Van Winkle.

10:30 a.m.

Worship. I spoke about taking risks. Interesting stuff.

11:45 a.m.

I spoke with as many people as I could and helped tear-down.

Noon

Lunch with the family.

1:00 p.m.

I left for the Med Center with the family to see Amber's dad. He looked great and will be having surgery on Tuesday.

3:30 p.m.

Left for the church.

4:00 p.m.

The church had a reception for me because I was ordained a few weeks ago. It was awesome and I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. The number of people and the kindness of those people was overwhelming! They show me what it means to be the people of God everyday.

They had all most of my favorite foods -- baby back ribs, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, carrot cake, etc... A number of people roasted me. Who would have ever thought that Lonnie Gibson would have stole the show? I didn't even know she had a sense of humor. She was a like a stand-up comedian up there. From Lonnie's mouth: "I didn't know you didn't need to put oil in your car for a year until I met Craig." "I wondered why Craig started running. At first I thought he was trying to lose weight, then I thought he was training for a marathon. But I now know the real reason: have you seen the women he runs with?" They were all great. Thank you so much to everybody who planned, participated, and attended.

6:15 p.m.

Drove home.

6:30 p.m.

Talked to Jessi who is getting married in a few weeks as she needed to get her stuff to the printer tomorrow.

7:00 p.m.

Drove to Amber's parent's house.

7:15 p.m.

Mowed Amber's parent's lawn.

9:00 p.m.

Drove home.

9:30 p.m.

Hung out with the family.

10:00 p.m.

Crashed.

It was a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee...and I didn't know you still posted to a blog! The things we learn about folks, huh? So are those mapquest directions to the Barnums on their way or am I forgiven???