Monday, June 18, 2007

College World Series

A special thanks to Dick Hauptman via Mark Hauptman for hooking us up with some great tickets to the College World Series today. Wow. What a game! Cal Irvine (the team Benjamin and I were cheering for - I asked Benjamin if he wanted to cheer for the Anteaters or the Titans - guess which one he picked...) beat Cal Fullerton 5-4 in 13 innings. It was the longest game ever in the College World Series, 5 hours and 40 minutes. It beat the old record by 40 minutes. It also had the most runners left on base and the most full-counts.




Benjamin enjoyed the nutritious and economical food served at the stadium. The cotton candy, hot dogs, frozen lemonades, regular lemonade, and nachos were enough to keep him going strong.





The only time I had to run was late tonight. I felt good. I just did an easy 7.38 miles at about seven minutes per mile in the dark at Lake Zorinsky.

No comments: