Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

No bad luck today.

It was a perfect morning for a long run. The pace was a little pedestrian for the first few miles, so I took leadership for the next 16 miles. Christy was the leader from 19 to 20. I ran with Robert, Machelle, Christy, and Kurt the whole way. Paul, Steve, and some 14 year old from Indiana joined us for about 7 to 10 miles at various times. I probably had another 10 to 15 miles in me, but have a few things to do today, so I stopped at 20 with everybody else.

A sense of humor judges one's actions and the actions of others from a wider reference and a longer view and finds them incongruous. It makes enthusiasm possible; it kindles hope; it pardons shortcomings; it consoles failure. It recommends moderation. I needed the sense of humor today. 20 miles seemed like a long way.

No comments: