Monday, February 9, 2009

Persona

Not much time today to run or write. I did an easy 6.2 miles at about 7:15 per mile on the treadmill after the kids went to bed.

I usually listen to music when I run inside. I was listening to Persona by the Blue Man Group tonight. It is a great song to run to, but is very insightful regarding American culture.

Every morning I put it on.
I walk outside and I am gone.
And I don't seem to mind anymore.
I can't think what it was like before.
I wore it all the time.

In the evening I take it off.
But there's another one underneath.
And I can't seem to find the bottom of the stack.
I just might lose my mind and never get it back.
But at least I'll get inside.

There's a feeling that I get sometimes.
It's so small that it's easy to hide.
It's like a howling voice from the distant past.
It seems I've got no choice when it comes to this.
It's building up inside.

It's interesting that God has created us to be a unique person, but many of us choose to wear the persona that the world expects from us and not the persona that God dreams for us. Discover who God has created you to be! Be who God has created you to be!


No comments: