Tuesday, February 10, 2009

For Preachers Only

Two days ago I spoke about Christianity and its relationship to other world religions. I didn't think my message was all that great. It felt more like a lecture to me and less like a sermon. The interesting thing is that I've received more feedback from this message than anything other message I've ever given.

The common reply wasn't about the quality of the message, but the content. It was kind of like: "I've always wondered about this. Thanks for talking about this."

I was thinking a series on Christianity and World Religions might look something like this:
  1. Christianity and American Religions: A look at the Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientologists, and Mormons.
  2. Christianity and the Historic World Religions: A look at the Hindus, Buddhists, and people of the Jewish Faith
  3. Christianity and Islam: A look at the world's largest religions.
  4. Methodism (or whatever your denomination is) and Catholicism
  5. Is Jesus the Only Way? The Four Views of Salvation (see a book with that title by Dennis Okholm)
  6. Living as a Christian in a Pluralistic World
I think I'll do this in the late summer or maybe in the fall.

Training Update:

2 mile warm-up

2.5 miles at 6:15 pace
4 x 800 at 5:30 pace
2.5 miles at 6:15 pace

1 mile cool-down

No comments: