Sunday, February 22, 2009

Am I Really a Christian?

The talk this morning was on how do we know if we are a Christian or not. Interesting stuff. You can listen here. Here are my notes. I didn't follow them very closely:

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. -Romans 5:8

You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. –Matthew 7:13-14

I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. -John 5:24

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. -1 John 1:9

Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.
-Isaiah 1:18

He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.
-Psalm 103:12

“But his father said to the servants, ‘Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet. And kill the calf we have been fattening. We must celebrate with a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began. -Luke 15:22-24

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! -2 Corinthians 5:17

Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
–Revelation 3:20

Questions

  1. I remember when I invited Jesus into my heart.
  2. I believe my sins are forgiven.
  3. I experienced lasting change after my decision to follow God. This is
    coupled with a desire to follow Him.
  4. I live with joy.
  5. If I died today I know I would go to heaven.

Training Update:

I ran with Joe and Scott today in the hills. 10 miles easy in 75 minutes. I think I may have re injured my foot. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes.

No comments: