Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Research on Attitude

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes. –Charles Swindoll

Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. –Ephesians 4:21-24

A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song. –Proverbs 15:15

The Prayer of Serenity

God grant me the serenity to
accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. -Reinhold Niebuhr

Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude. –William James

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. –James Dean

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us. –John Mitchell
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. –Winston Churchill


Take charge of your attitude. Don't let someone else choose it for you. –Unknown

Abundance is, in large part, an attitude. –Sue Patton

What are your thoughts on attitude?

Training Update: No time to run today. Too busy doing stuff with the church and kdis. My legs enjoyed the day off.

No comments: