Monday, September 15, 2008

Odds and Ends

Yesterday I spoke about attitude. It was an interesting sermon to write. The Bible verses and research I did challenged me in a good way. Hopefully my attitude will improve!

One of the things I talked about was that our attitude is our choice. One of the things that helps me when I am struggling is to write a list of the things I am thankful for. This simple exercise seems to put everything in perspective. I encourage you to give it a try! Here is what I came up with yesterday morning (not in any particular order):
  1. The Water’s Edge is two years old. God has used this ministry to connect people to each other and to connect people to God. I am grateful to be part of what God is doing.
  2. My family. Amber, Benjamin, and David.
  3. A nice place to live. Good food to eat.
  4. Seinfeld reruns.
  5. I work with great group of leaders and servants.
  6. I get to run marathons all over the country.
  7. The Bible.
  8. Fall is my favorite time of year.
  9. A big dog who thinks I am the greatest thing since canned dogged food.
  10. Great friends.

We had our first Cub Scout meeting at our house tonight. Benjamin is a Wolf this year and I'm the leader. We set our schedule, went over the upcoming year, and then went and cleaned the park across the street from our house.

I started off the day running with Christy. Nice run this morning. The temperature was in the mid-40s, sunny, and no wind. Perfect! We did 12 miles. 4 mile warm-up. 3 miles at 6:30 per mile. 1 mile of jogging for recovery. Gatorade stop. Lost the shirt. 2 miles at 6:00 per mile. 2 mile cool-down.

No comments: