Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Still Frigid

Still Frigid

I am beginning to fondly remember the early summer mornings at the lake where the temperatures push 80 degrees in 100 humidity. My favorite thing is sticking my overheated head under the cold water spigot and then resting in the shade before I put my sweaty body into my car.

This morning was the exact opposite of what I just described. The wind chill index was well below zero again. The lake is frozen solid like a giant ice cube. The morning sun provided only light, no warmth.

I ran with Maureen. She had already run about five miles when I hooked up with her. I got in one lap around the lake -- 7.4 miles -- at about 57 minutes or 7:45 miles. It wasn't pretty. I think we are going for a long run tomorrow, so I didn't want to go too far or push too hard.

I lifted with John during lunch. We did chest, shoulders, and triceps.

I had a great nap with David this afternoon while Amber and Benjamin went and bought some new shoes.

No comments: