Sunday, January 7, 2007

The Moon Song

The Moon Song

I generally don't run on Sundays and today was one of those days. We had a great worship experience this morning. Our worship leader, AJ, and I wrote a song recently. He sang it today for the first time. He did an awesome job. Here are the lyrics...

(Verse 1)
I looked at the sky one night
And saw a reflection of myself
Little stars shining their dim light
And I cried out for help
I looked up at the sky that night
And You showed me the moon
The brightest in all the sky
And you answered my cry...And my cry was to

(Chorus)
Make me a moon
Not shining on my own
But reflecting the light
That shines from Your Son
When people see me
They'll see that You're beautiful
You'll light up the night
When hope that shines from Your Son

(Verse 2)
I walk down this road of life
Sometimes I get lost along the way
Feeling all this pain and strife
And all I can do is pray
I listen for Your voice again
And You showed me the moon
Brighter than all the stars
And you answered my prayer...my prayer was to

(Repeat Chorus)

No comments: