Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Day Prayer

Dear God,

It’s a new day. It’s a new year.
It’s a day You have made. Make me a new creation.
Breath new life into me.
I want to be reborn again!


Scribbles exist on my chalkboard from last year. 
Hurts. Fears. Mistakes. Misunderstandings. Doubts.
Erase yesterday’s words.
Help me look at the clean slate and see possibilities.

May forgiveness be more real to me.
Accepting and experiencing Your forgiveness.
Offering and extending forgiveness to others.
Forgiving myself and giving myself grace.

Help me overcome my anxiety.
Increase my faith and give me courage.
Fill me with both humility and passion.
May I live at peace with You, others, and myself.

May my eyes see and enjoy the beauty of the world.
May my mouth speak constructive and encouraging words.
May my hands serve with compassion.
May my feet follow where You lead me.

Move my heart closer to Your heart. 
Fill me with Your Holy Spirit. 
Inspire me as we write this next chapter of my life together.
May these next set of words glorify You and bring life to me and others.

Amen.

#PrayersFromTheWatersEdge

No comments: