Thursday, April 5, 2007

Gale Wind

Gale Wind

The past few weeks have spoiled us. The temperatures have been very pleasant, there hasn't been much rain, and with wind has been mostly absent. Today it wasn't raining, but it was cold and windy.

It was still a great morning to run. Any day is. A gale wind was blowing from the north. But, I didn't consider the wind to be harsh or cold. It was more fresh and reviving.

The word for Holy Spirit in the Old Testament is "ruah." (For all you Hebrew scholars out there, I can't get the symbols to work on HTML, so, yes, I know I have it spelled incorrectly.) The word Spirit in the Old Testament is translated into the English word wind. Running in the wind is very similar to life with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit gives us strength like wind behind our backs. The Holy Spirit balances us like wind cools a runner who is getting warm. The Holy Spirit revives and refreshes us just like the north wind I experienced this morning.

I ran about 10 miles in 1:17:30. I was a little late this morning because Benjamin wanted me to make him a cheese omelet. I caught up with Paul, Kurt, Christy, and Maureen and ran with them most of the way.

No comments: