Monday, April 16, 2007

The Day Before

I slept in until this morning. With a five year old and a 3 month old at home, that doesn't happen often. I was out until two o'clock last night, so I needed the extra sleep. Today was a miserable day weather wise and tomorrow is looking worse. I picked up my race packet downtown and then went to the Expo and I bought a shirt for Amber and Benjamin and a bib for David. We then spent some time at the Aquarium. I learned a lot about the jellyfish. Very interesting creature.


I carbo loaded at Massimino's tonight with some old friends and some new friends. The owner, or maybe it was the owner's cousin, Pauli, hooked me up with some serious Italian food, a t-shirt, and a big kiss. This Norwegian has never been kissed by an adult male who is not related to me. I guess there is a first time for everything. If I crash in the last six miles, it is not because of lack of food. I threw down about a loaf of bread, three Cokes, a big bowl of fussili pasta, and some mussels. I was in bed by 11:00 p.m. as 4:00 a.m. was going to come early.

No comments: