1. Everybody Should Have to Be a Small-Town Pastor and Buy a Pregnancy Test Kit in the Local Grocery Store – At Least Once
So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. -Genesis 1:27
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. -Ephesians 2:10
Question to Consider: Are you living for God’s purpose or your own?
2. The Other Six Days, Twenty-Two Hours, and Forty-Five Minutes
so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy. -Mark 12:30
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
Question to Consider: How can you learn to fully grasp the fact that God uniquely designed you to live for Him with every part of your life?
3. Michael’s Song
So it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other. -Romans 12:5
In Biblical fellowship masks come off, conversations get deep, hearts get vulnerable, lives are shared, accountability is invited and tenderness flows. People become like brothers and sisters.
Question to Consider: What is one thing you can do to connect with another believer to experience life together this week? On a regular basis?
4. Not Running the Race
For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. -Romans 8:29
Signs you are growing in your relationship with God.
- You’ll naturally want to tell others about Christ’s love and how His grace is transforming you.
- You’ll want to serve others with your time, talent, and treasures.
- You’ll continue growing in your relationship with God by practicing spiritual disciplines and acquiring biblical knowledge.
- You’ll live in authentic biblical community.
- You’ll respond to God’s love by pursuing a lifestyle of living for God.
- You’ll better understand who Christ made you to be and make every effort to reach the world by living in the mission of the church.
5. Chariots of Fire
Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. -Colossians 4:5
We are all missionaries…wherever we go we either bring people nearer to Christ or we repel them from Christ. –Eric Liddell
So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” -2 Corinthians 5:20
Question to consider: Are you bringing people nearer to Christ through your words and actions or sending them farther away?
6. A Free Lunch
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. -1 Peter 4:10
Few things in life offer more fulfillment that the thrill of discovering and using your unique gifts.
Questions to consider: Are you currently serving God? Are you open and available to His call for your life?
7. Hide and Seek
The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. -John 10:10
Questions to consider: Do you know God’s purposes for your life? If so, are you living them out? If not, what will you do to discover them?