Thursday, May 1, 2008

Out

Last night Amber and I had a conversation that went something like this:

Craig: Hey, after Benjamin's baseball practice tomorrow, I need to get a babysitter for the kids.

Amber: Why?

Craig: I'm going out.

Amber: What do you mean you're going out?

Craig: I'm going out.

Amber: With who?

Craig: Some friends.

Amber: What friends?

Craig: Just some guys I hang out with.

Amber: Who?

Craig: Some other runners. This guy is coming in from Boston.

Amber: Where are you going?

Craig: Upstream Brewery. I hear they have good Root Beer there.

It was a perfect night for baseball practice. After baseball, I went out. Not my customary evening. It was fun hanging out with the guys--talking about something we all love to do. And the Root Beer was excellent.

God gives us each other. What a great gift that is!

No comments: