Friday, March 2, 2007

Snow

Snow

The big physical task today wasn't running. It was spending a few hours shovelling snow from our driveway. Drifts were as high as three feet and the driver of the snow plow left us a four foot present full of icy clumps at the bottom of our driveway. We have a three car garage with a two car driveway with room for one car to enter the driveway. Thankfully we only have two cars and the next gathering at our house isn't scheduled for nine more days.


So for all my readers in Texas, Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, Southern California, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona -- snow is heavy. Lots of snow is really, really heavy. Pray that one of these months, winter will be over in Nebraska. At least Benjamin, Georgia, and I had lots of fun working in the snow.

I managed to run about nine miles -- mostly on the hills of Giles Road between 168th and 204th Streets -- late this afternoon. Very tough and slow going.

That's the way life is sometimes -- tough and slow going. I pray the run made me stronger. I pray the times in life that are tough and slow going make us all stronger.

No comments: