Thursday, March 15, 2007

Crunched

Crunched

I was seriously crunched for time today. I had a one hour and fifteen minute window to run between 12:45 and 2:00 this afternoon.

I couldn't have run at a better time--it was nearly a perfect afternoon. I jogged to the Millard West Track and did 8 x 800 repeats with a 400 meter recovery jog between repeats. My splits were: 2:40, 2:40, 2:41, 2:40, 2:41, 2:41, 2:39, 2:37. I jogged home. Our house seemed further away during the cool-down than the track did during the warm-up.

God gives each of us twenty-four hours per day. That is God's gift to us. What we do with the twenty-four hours is our gift to God. We often don't have the amount of time that we want in life, but that shouldn't stop us. Instead of complaining about the time we don't have, we should use the time we do have.

No comments: