Thursday, March 22, 2007

Friends

Friends

I start my Thursday mornings at 6:15 at Perkins at 108th and L Streets. I meet with a small group of guys who are my friends. We laugh, eat, study the Bible, talk, learn, grow, and pray. These friends bring me great joy and add value to my life.

I made my way home and took our older son Benjamin to school. The other day at Scheel's, Benjamin asked me if I would be his best friend. I was happy to say yes to such an offer. We went over his Spanish words on the way to school this morning. It is so exciting to see him learn and grow. He brings me great joy and adds value to my life.

After I dropped Benjamin off, I ran with another friend. Kurt and I met at the Millard West track around 9:00 and ran 25 x 400 meters in about 80 to 85 seconds per 400 with a 45 second rest break in between. I am glad Kurt did this one with me. We both agreed that it wasn't likely that either of us would have finished on our own. Friends bring out the best in each other. We finished the workout and celebrated with sweaty handshake. Kurt brings great joy and adds value to my life.

Thank God for friends who bring us great joy and add value to our lives.

No comments: