Thursday, January 23, 2014

Undaunted

Undaunted. I think it would be a good word for 2014. Undaunted means not intimidated or discouraged by difficulty, danger, or disappointment. 


Life can be very daunting:

  • Having more responsibilities than resources 
  • Becoming or staying physically healthy 
  • Practicing or embracing forgiveness 
  • More completely following Jesus 
  • Pursuing unfulfilled dreams 
  • Living out your priorities 
  • Overcoming fear 

Life can seem overwhelming. The world is more than happy to send us messages we are unwanted and unqualified. But God has created us to be overcomers. To be undaunted.

In February we will be looking at what it means to live as undaunted. To overcome trials, wrong turns, and painful occurrences and to grow from those experiences to be equipped and empowered to serve God and serve others.

We will discover that each of us possesses all it takes to bring hope, create change, and live completely for Christ. We will be challenged to let the light and hope of Christ shine through us into the dark places of the world.

I think it would be cool if somebody chose this word for 2014:

Undaunted

  • I will be undaunted as I love and serve my family
  • I will be undaunted by past hurts and brokenness
  • I will be undaunted by challenges and temptations
  • I will be undaunted as I seek to follow Jesus more closely
  • I will be undaunted by my yesterday’s failures and mistakes
  • I will be undaunted by the size the task God is putting in front of me.
  • Because of God’s grace, God’s love, and God’s power I will be undaunted.

This is my command—be undaunted! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For God is always with you wherever you go. –Joshua 1:9

I’m looking forward to February as we learn and experience in worship, in our small groups, and online what it means to live as undaunted.

The best is yet to come…

Craig

No comments: