Monday, October 5, 2009

Teamwork

I met tonight with my teammates for the Market to Market Relay that is going to be run on Saturday. It is an 86 mile race from Omaha to Lincoln.

I had a friend who recently ran a 100 mile race in just under 20 hours. So, an excellent ultra runner can run 86 miles in about 18 hours. Our team of four men and four women will finish in about 9 hours or half the time an individual could do it in.

It is an illustration that we can do more together than we can by ourselves. This is true in the church, in marriages, in other relationships, at work, and pretty much everywhere else.
  • Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -Ryunosuke Satoro
  • Individual commitment to a group effort -- that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. -Vince Lombardi
  • If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. -Isaac Newton

I'm thankful for all the people who are on my various teams. Lots of people have made and are making me better than I ever could have become by myself.

Think about these two questions:

  1. Who is adding value to your life?
  2. Whose life are you adding value to?

No comments: