Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ouch

Amber and I went to the Nebraska - Texas Tech game this afternoon. It was a wonderful day for a college football game. It was also one of the most uneventful games I have ever been to.




Texas Tech pretty much owned Nebraska in all areas of the game. The game wasn't as close as the 31 to 10 score indicated. Even though the game was not good, it was a wonderful afternoon. I don't know the last time we spent eight hours together without kids.

The Psalmist writes:

A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. -Psalms 84:10

Application: Even though the game wasn't the best, I was with Amber so it was a great day. Sometimes life isn't the best, but when we are in God's presence, it is a great day.

No comments: