Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Lesson from The Convertible

Benjamin in the Honda 2000 we were driving this week

I surprised Benjamin after school on Monday when I picked him up in a little red convertible. We went and had some ice cream at Sonic. Then we drove to Amber's parents. This was a beautiful week to drive it.

The owner of the car came to pick it up tonight. Benjamin and I took it for one last spin. He seemed kind of sad. I asked him if he was sad we were giving it back. He replied, "A little." I said, "Are you glad we got to use it?" He smiled and said, "Yes." I told him that we should be happy that somebody was nice enough to let us drive this while has was out of town this week. A lesson learned.

Yesterday I did a funeral. In this funeral, I said something like, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." Saying goodbye can be tough in life, but it sure beats the alternative of never having anybody to say goodbye to.

No comments: