Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kids Against Hunger

"For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink"....Then these righteous ones will reply, "Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink?" And the King will say, "I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!" -Matthew 25:35-40
Here is a mathematical equation for you:

$2,500 + 50 volunteer hours = 10,000 people fed for one day.

Two weeks ago we challenged the church. We said we needed $2,500 to feed 10,000 hungry people. We also said we needed 10 people an hour before worship and 40 people for an hour after worship. We have exceeded all our goals! This Sunday we will package meals for 10,000 people. I am so grateful to do life to such generous and committed people.

Check out the Kid's Against Hunger web site.

Here is a video of the ministry.

No comments: