Monday, January 19, 2015

Be the Message: Our Purpose and God's Plans



Life leads us to three questions.

1. Who am I?

A. I am what I do.
B. I am who other people say I am.
C. I am what I have.

We are beloved sons and daughters of God.

2. Why Am I Here?

Love God. -Matthew 22:37

I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine. –Song of Solomon 6:3 

4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. -Ephesians 1:4-5

We are here to live as God’s beloved.

3. What Am I Going to do About It

And living out the purpose of loving God and being loved by God will form and shape all other plans God has for us and equips us to answer what we should do with our lives.

1 The Lord gave another message to Jeremiah. He said, 2 “Go down to the potter’s shop, and I will speak to you there.” 3 So I did as he told me and found the potter working at his wheel. 4 But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over.

5 Then the Lord gave me this message: 6 “O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand. -Jeremiah 18:1-6

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. -Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: