Friday, September 24, 2010

A Little Bit About A Lot of Things

Our new 9:00 service

Our new 9:00 service is off and running. We are off to a good start. We had 110 people our first week and 70 people our second week. These are small beginnings that remind me of the small beginnings when we launched our first worship service at Russell Middle School four years ago. We have had a number of new people and new families worship with us in the last two weeks. I’m grateful for the volunteers and staff who worked so hard to start this service and am excited to see where God takes us with this new opportunity.


Prayer

I have been praying more than usual. I believe the activity of God in our life is directly related to the amount of prayer in our lives. Among other things, I pray for the development of our church, the people in our church, and prayer requests that are submitted to me. Each week, after our worship experience is over, prayer partners in green shirts are in the back of the commons area, behind the worship food and beverage area, to pray for you. They are trained to listen to you, to keep confidentiality, and to offer simple prayers. I also invite you to join me in praying daily for our church and others in our church.

Grotto

Many of you have asked about the Grotto I talked about last week in my sermon. It is in a small town about 3.5 hours northeast of Omaha. Visit it on the Internet at www.westbendgrotto.com.

Invite

Since before The Water’s Edge even started, I have been encouraging people to invite their friends, co-workers, and relatives to worship with us. Most of our growth has happened because of personal invitations. Inviting others is a great way share your faith and partner with Christ in building God’s kingdom. We have cards at the connections table you can give to people to invite them to our worship services. Pray about who you are going to invite to worship with us in the near future.

Fall Weather

The weather this time of year is my favorite. Until spring rolls around.

Video

Our worship services are now available on video on the Internet. Check out our website and Facebook page to watch our services online.

In Christ,

Craig

No comments: