Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WD - 40 to the Rescue

A typical day.

1. Wake up. Shower. Get the boys breakfast. Cheese Grits for Benjamin. Oatmeal for David.

2. Drop Benjamin off at school.

3. Realize that I am out of gas.

4. Coast into the gas station.

5. Put 16.27 gallons of gas in a 16 gallon tank.

6. Drive through the car wash for the first time in 6 months.

7. Drive to my office.

8. Get out of my car and realize that it really is dark green.

9. Work on church stuff and edit dissertation all morning and afternoon.

10. Meet with a couple who I am doing a wedding for in March.

11. Benjamin comes to my office after the kid's ministry.

12. Snag some leftover fried chicken from the youth room and call it dinner.

13. Leave the church with Benjamin.

14. Try to unlock clean car that has been in my outside in the freezing weather for 11 consecutive hours.

15. Realize locking my doors may not have been the best idea I had all day. Can't get in car because the locks are frozen.

16. Go to my office and get some WD - 40.


17. Use one of the best products ever invented to get into my car.

18. Stop at Sonic to celebrate the invention of WD - 40, me getting chapter 4 edited and revised, and Benjamin getting all the questions on his math test correct. Peanut Butter Fudge Malt for me. Banana Spilt Sundae for Benjamin.

19. Help Benjamin with homework.

20. Read a few chapters of Once a Runner.

21. Talk to Amber.

22. Fall asleep.

2 comments:

Karen said...

WD-40 IS one of the best inventions ever made. That and duct tape!

Karen said...

Just remember, you are funnier and smarter that most of us (probably shouldn't speak for everyone)... and we relate to your humor and gain insight from your words.